The two millionth car equipped with Blue&MeTM system was delivered today. This is the most highly appreciated infotainment device, designed through a partnership between Fiat Group Automobiles and Microsoft. Arianna Binello picked up her 69 HP Fiat 500 Lounge 1.2 at the Mirafiori Motor Village, the largest car exhibition and sales area in Europe.
Product Planning Infotainment Director of Fiat Group Automobiles Candido Peterlini, Mirafiori Motor Village Marketing Manager Simona Tesio and TomTom Account Manager for FGA Paolo Bocca handed her the keys. Bocca gave Binello the latest version of the device: "Blue&Me TomTom2 LIVE".
A winner of prestigious international awards, the Blue&MeTM system includes a Hands-Free function with Bluetooth® interface, advanced voice recognition, USB Port and Aux in, MP3 player and SMS interpreter. Based on Windows Mobile for Automotive, the device is built on an open, constantly developing system that can be updated and whose contents are flexible and can be modulated. In fact, Fiat Group Automobiles and Microsoft, with the support of Magneti Marelli, offer a platform that can be upgraded for most mobile phones, music players or other personal devices, with the enormous benefit of the possibility of being constantly able to follow market innovations and maintain perfect integration with the car. All at an affordable price, in total safety and in accordance with traffic laws.
Blue&Me is an innovative electronic module which allows pairing of up to 5 mobile phones featuring Bluetooth® with the car. The methods of interacting with the system make use of the microphone in the roof light, the controls on the steering wheel and the monochromatic display in the control panel.
Blue&Me guarantees maximum safety and ease of use. The voice command system, its full integration with the controls on the steering wheel and with the information in the instrument display allow customers who have a Bluetooth® mobile phone to use it even if it is in their jacket pocket or handbag, without ever having to take their hands off the steering wheel. Not to mention that the highly developed voice recognition system allows immediate interaction because no voice learning stage is required and incoming SMS messages can also be interpreted.
By connecting a digital device to the USB port or AUX-IN socket on the tunnel, it is possible to listen to digital music in MP3, WMA, AAC and WAV format recorded on latest generation digital audio players and/or USB devices. Information about the tracks being played is available on the on-board radio display.
To drive in city traffic with total peace of mind, the "Blue&Me TomTom2 LIVE" device, which combines the advantages of an integrated infotainment system connected to the car's network with those of a latest generation portable navigation system, is available on request.
"Blue&Me TomTom2 LIVE" not only allows customers to use their mobile phone and media player in total safety without ever taking their hands off the steering wheel, but also offers an absolutely unique navigation experience as it is built into the dashboard and provides the most accurate traffic information updated in real time plus real time feedback on driving style.
The setup for the "Blue&Me TomTom2 LIVE" is in the middle of the dashboard and allows the totally safe installation of the specific support, in addition to guaranteeing power to the navigation device without external wiring.
In addition, in terms of Bluetooth® connectivity, thanks to Blue&Me, phone, media player and car information can be displayed and managed on the navigation device's touch screen.
"Blue&Me TomTom2 LIVE" is at the cutting edge when compared to the latest portable navigation devices available on the market:
• Capacitive 4.3" HD touchscreen display with iPhone-type HMI;
• Detailed maps: 45 European countries;
• IQ Routes System: helps you choose the best route by analysing traffic conditions collected on a 24h statistical basis for each day of the year.
• TomTom HD Traffic: detailed traffic information, queues, road blocks and works in progress updated every 2 minutes while travelling.
"Blue&Me TomTom2 LIVE" is designed to receive the information about the vehicle, detected through connection with the on-board network and then to provide real time information about car use and that of the devices connected to it: Trip computer, Fiat-customised points of interest, mobile phonebook display, Media Player and eco:Drive.
"Blue&Me TomTom2", in those countries where the service is available, also offers LIVE services featured in the latest generation TomTom portable navigation devices:
• Speed camera: mobile speed camera locations, including reports by other users, fixed mobile camera locations and Tutor camera locations along the trip. It helps you achieve a safe and relaxed driving experience, while saving money;
• Google: local points of interest updated by Google Local Search: to find anything, from restaurants to flower shops. Just type in a key word; it finds corresponding points and allows the device to show you how to get there;
• Weather: current weather forecasts and for the next four days, making planning your trip possible according to the most recent forecasts;
• TomTom HD Traffic: detailed traffic information, queues, road blocks and works in progress updated every 2 minutes, suggesting alternative routes for your journey. Traffic information is also collected using info from mobile phones and TomTom navigation devices present along the route, reprocessed by the TomTom station;
• Cost: The "Blue&Me TomTom2 LIVE" device is supplied with a year of free Live services and without additional roaming fees if travelling throughout Europe
• i. Starting from the second year, the services are available for purchase from MyTomTom, the portal for accessing the TomTom-FGA community, where you can also receive the software updates free and purchase new maps.
"Blue&Me TomTom2" is available in two versions (LIVE and NON-LIVE): depending on the availability of the service in the country of purchase. Customers can purchase the device only through Fiat Group dealerships in their country of residence.
Compared with the after-market services available in most chain stores, the "Blue&Me TomTom2 LIVE" solution offered by Fiat presents a considerable advantage for customers in addition to the integration with the Blue&Me hands-free system and with the car's electronics.
Lastly, "Blue&Me TomTom2" can be upgraded by linking it to your PC with the USB cable and visiting the My TomTom section on the website, www.tomtom.com. For more details on the product features, visit the website, www.blueandme.net.
Turin, 19 December 2012